According to Marcus Hiles, a common trait among the cities to make the list was the availability of major employers in fast growing sectors like technology and healthcare along with a higher than average young adult population. As proof, in a new study from personal finance website NerdWallet, Austin, TX was rated as the top city in the country for top paying jobs and affordability. Thousands of jobs provided by Dell, Apple and IBM combine with the diverse nightlife and live music scene, and have caused young professionals from around the country to move to Austin. They are seeking rentals at affordable prices. “Affordability is a key part of why millenials are deciding to move to the Midwest, as opposed to job centers on the East or West coast,” Chief Economist of Realtor.com Jonathan Smoke noted to Construction Dive in November. “There is a huge disparity in how many dollars are needed to get a home in Des Moines versus San Francisco”.
Marcus Hiles Discusses Austin’s Affordability And Booming Job Market
Tags: Dallas Fort Worth Hiles Marcus D. Hiles Marcus Hiles Marcus Hiles 2015 Marcus Hiles Austin Marcus Hiles Contributions Marcus Hiles Fort Worth Marcus Hiles house Marcus Hiles Houston Marcus Hiles Las Vegas Marcus Hiles net worth Marcus Hiles Pepperdine Marcus Hiles Wine Collection Marcus Hiles-San Antonio Texas Western Rim
- Marcus Hiles: The Top Cities to Work for Tech is Led by Those in Texas June 28, 2019
- Austin, Texas Still Ranks a Top Place to Live in 2019 June 25, 2019
- Marcus Hiles: Texas Ranks as An Affordable Place to Live for Singles in 2019 June 18, 2019
- DFW’s Economic Success Crosses into The Metro’s Surrounding Suburban Areas June 6, 2019
- Property Values in Texas Still Highlight a Seller’s Market May 29, 2019